How Do I get Escape From Tarkov?
Head over to Escape From Tarkov’s website and follow the instructions below.
How much does Tarkov Cost?
Tarkov has four different versions, Standard, Left Behind, Prepare for Escape, and Edge of Darkness. (I’d recommend supporting Battlestate games and buy the Edge of Darkness edition)
Can I upgrade later? Does it wipe my account? Does it reset my account?
You can always purchase the Standard Edition, and see if you want to upgrade later on. Buying the standard edition is a good way to test the waters and see if the game is for you before committing to a large expense for the game. I’d recommend watching the game on Youtube or watching streamers to see if the game is for you. It certainly is not for everyone due to its difficulty when starting out.
Upgrading your account used to require doing an account reset, so anything you had in-game, weapons, experience, supplies, etc. were all wiped. Now all you need to do is upgrade via your profile, and the extra stash space should extend, and the items will be sent to you via in-game mail.
Every so often, Battlestate Games wipes everything out to re-test new player experiences. It takes everyone back to level 1 and gives you back your starting equipment from the edition of the game that you purchased. The next wipe is scheduled for April or May of 2020. Typically there are new patches applied at the same time.
Will Tarkov be free?
Not that I know of. The devs can’t work for free, and this game is definitely worth the money (in my opinion).
Is EFT worth buying?
ABSOLUTELY. I’ve never experienced a game that was so rewarding. It has many frustrations along the path of learning the game. Once you start understanding the mechanics of the game and how to play, it’s very rewarding when you takeout multiple PMCs and extract with full backpacks of loot.
Can I refund Escape From Tarkov to get my money back?
No. Battlestate Games states this in there terms. Once the game is purchased the money will not be refunded. All sales are final. Watch clips to see if the game is for you, and look for other people’s hardware specs to see what type of performance you should expect.
How to Download Escape from Tarkov
- Head to EscapeFromTarkov.com
- Click on the “Beta Is Available Pre-Order Escape From Tarkov”
- Pick the Edition you want, each once comes with different perks. I’d recommend the Edge of Darkness as the in-game stash upgrades are VERY expensive. Each version of the game starts with specific amounts of money (no more than 400K Roubles – see below), but to upgrade to 66 slot stash at least 12,000,000 Rouble among the various required equipment and all the other upgrades in the hideout. The better the edition you purchase, the more money and starting gear you have to begin.
- Without discounts or special promotions, the Standard Edition costs $45
- The Left Behind Edition costs $75
- The Prepare for Escape Edition costs $100
- The Edge of Darkness Edition costs $140
- *REMINDER* Purchases are locked to the specific geographic region the purchase was made from. The game can only be launched if your current region is the same where the purchase was made. The only exception is Europe — purchases made in this region will be available to launch anywhere around the world.
- Register for a new account and enter your payment information
- Within a few minutes or so you will receive multiple emails, one of which will contain the download for the beta launcher. Once you have that download and install the launcher to start down the rabbit hole.
Escape From Tarkov release date
Escape From Tarkov was released in 2017, but is still only in closed beta. Below is a list of planned release dates and past release dates according to BattleState Games (BSG)
Planned release dates
- Open Beta: To be announced
- Full Game Release: After Open Beta
Past release dates
- Closed Alpha: 4. August 2016
- Extended Alpha: 28. December 2016
- Closed Beta: 27. July 2017
Escape From Tarkov Launcher
The launcher can be downloaded after you receive the first few emails from Battlestate Games. Once the launcher is installed and launched, you can begin downloading the game.
Escape From Tarkov Download Size
The initial download for Escape From Tarkov is roughly 10-11 GB. It’s not a very large download. I’d recommend having the game on an SSD or NVME drive for the fastest load times.
Can my computer run Escape From Tarkov?
Since EFT is still in closed beta, no official required specifications have been released. Having said that, it is assumed these specs are fairly accurate:
|OS||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit|
|CPU||Intel Core 2 Duo, i3 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon, Phenom II 2.6 GHz||Intel Core i5, i7 3.2 GHz or AMD FX, Athlon 3.6 GHz|
|GPU||DX11 compatible with 1 GB VRAM||DX11 compatible with 2 GB or more VRAM|
|RAM||8 GB||12 GB or more|
|Disk space||8 GB or more||8 GB or more|
|Sound card||DirectX compatible||DirectX compatible|
|Network||Permanent Internet connection||Permanent Internet connection|